Beth
Unless Congress passes a 'Do not spam' list...I think we are all out of luck. Our best bet is to use spam blocker programs, and utilize the functions in most email programs (at least in full programs like Outlook, Outlook Express, Incredimail, etc.). You can block sender but that usually doesn't help much since the spammers are always changing their addy's.
You can also use the 'tools' or 'message rules'...(might be called by different names). It allows you to set rules for all incoming mail. Example: you set a rule for any incoming messages that have the words 'digital cable' or 'find anyone' in the subject line..... then set it to delete those messages. It doesn't block the email from being received, but at least it sends it right to the deleted box instead of you Inbox and you don't have to see them if you don't want to. I do this on my 7 year olds email cuz I'm sick of him receiving 'manhood enlargement' spam . It ought to be illegal to do that!!!
Quote 0 0
Library
In the context of Target Mean Analysis (Validation Mode: Analysis | Visual | Target Mean Analysis), what does it mean to "Use Hard Evidence"?
Quote 0 0
Library
The example below illustrates the difference between using Hard Evidence (box checked) and using Soft Evidence (box unchecked):Hard Evidence:targetMeanAnalysis.jpeg If "Use Hard Evidence" is selected, the points of the curve will correspond to the Values of the discrete states.Example:The variable Pleasure has been discretized into 5 states. The values correspond here to the arithmetic means of the data points that are associated to each state.nodeEditor.jpeg The variable Intensity has 5 numerical values. Given that no values have been defined by the user, the values of the states are the numerical values of the variable.nodeEditor1.jpeg The target mean analysis with these two nodes returns two curves made of five points.targetMeanAnalysis1.jpeg The two points that are indicated in the graph correspond to the following hard evidence.targetMeanAnalysis2.png Soft Evidence:targetMeanAnalysis3.jpeg If Soft Evidence is selected (Hard Evidence unchecked), two kinds of evidence are used:[*:34s68hv8]Hard evidence, for the extreme values (the min and the max),[/*:m:34s68hv8][*:34s68hv8]Soft evidence (by setting target mean values) for the intermediate points.[/*:m:34s68hv8]Intermediate pointsLet n be the number of states of the node under analysis.n+1 reference values are defined by using the values of the n states plus the expected value given the current marginal probability distribution of the variable.These reference values define n intervals where intermediates points are equally distributed. By default, the number of intermediate points is three, but this value can be changed via the Settings (Options | Settings | Analysis | Target Mean Analysis).Example:nodeEditor2.jpeg nodeEditor3.png The graph below illustrates the reference values for the node Pleasure: the five values associated to the states plus the expected value given the marginal distribution (see the monitor). These six reference values define the five intervals depicted in green.nodeEditor4.jpeg 
Quote 0 0