mason800
I tried to import a CSV file that contains 4 columns. All columns are numeric (continuous values) but BayesiaLab recognize only two of them as continuous and the other two columns are grayed, meaning that software does not recognized them. I am not sure what thing goes wrong the data import. 

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you! 
1jpg.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Joe_Black
Hi.  Did you try clicking on one of the greyed out columns and then on continuous?

Can you attach your file otherwise?
Quote 0 0
mason800
Hello Joe,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I tried but did not work. When I click on grayed color, the continuous option become deactive. I attached the data.

Thanks for your help. 
 43.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Mark
Hello Mason,
Both columns are greyed because they are constant. They contain only one value.
To be imported, a column must have at least 2 different values.

Regards
Quote 0 0
Joe_Black
Ah ok got it.  That's because you only have 1 value in each column.  So column Latitude (2) only has 35.99 as value for the whole dataset for instance.  Hence BL does not bother adding it as a variable as it can't do anything with it.  You can try varrying the values for each row (or at least on 1 of the rows) and then it will work.
Quote 0 0
mason800
Hello Mark and Joe,

I understand a discretization is not possible if we have only a constant number in a column. I am watching Geographical optimization with Bayesian networks seminar. Stephan Conradi tried to find the distance between a fixed origin with coordinates of (-89.8, 34.8) with many destinations. Please see time 23:27 from link this webinar:

http://www.bayesia.com/2018-05-18-gis-mapping-with-bayesialab

I do agree that a constant number cannot be discetized but he did in his video. It was also strange to me. 
Quote 0 0
Dan
Hi,

It seems you just used a sample of the dataset that is provided with the webinar. Below is a screenshot of the import wizard when loading the entire dataset. All the columns are distributed, which means that each column contains at least two different values.

2018-09-10_10-59-46.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Joe_Black
you can download the full dataset here:

http://www.bayesia.com/hubfs/2018-05-18%20GIS/ZIP_Code_Distances.csv
Quote 0 0
mason800
I got it. Thanks so much Dan, Joe and Mark for your help. 
Quote 0 0